COVID-19 Daily Update for Yesterday, Thursday, 8/20/2020

COVID-19 Daily Update for Yesterday, Thursday, 8/20/2020:

World Wide Trends in Brief:

Major world wide trends from my last update are largely continuing. 

Percent daily growth in active cases has been falling, but is now holding at around 0.25%/day:
There have been two days with large outlier reporting spikes that make interpreting the daily deaths difficult, but the trend seems to be down since late July:

Compilation of Data Sources: 

I am in the process of compiling some of the best computer readable data sources for COVID-19 modeling out there. This is a work in progress, but for those interested, here's a link to the document which will likely grow through time. Eventually I hope to wrote code to auto-scrape many of these resources, and I will provide a link to that code once it's available. 

If you are aware of a good data source that I have missed, leave it in the comments here, or feel free to send me an email, or yell at me on FB or Twitter. 

Mis: 

I apologize that today's update is short, I have both a paper deadline, and a deadline for a presentation both due tonight. 

No comments:

Groundhog's Day and the Meaning of Life

Yesterday was Groundhog's Day, the holiday where everyone waits with baited breath for a rodent to decide if it saw its shadow, and ther...